A Visit to the Silos || Magnolia Market

Monday, December 14, 2015


If you're like Chris and I, you love Fixer Upper on HGTV. Chip and Joanna are the funniest and their design style is perfection. Their shop, Magnolia Market at the Silos, is in Waco, a town in between Austin and Dallas. 

Since Chris and I were headed to Austin this weekend to visit my family and celebrate the life of my granddad, we decided to stop by the silos and check out the market. 

I went to the old Magnolia Market. It was super tiny and definitely gave you a vision of how they started this whole business. It was packed, so this bigger building was definitely necessary!

The silos are so much bigger than their previous shop. The grounds are really cool and I'd have more pictures if it weren't pouring rain out. They have a grassy area with food trucks and plenty of space for kids to run around. 

As far as the shop, we didn't buy anything. Don't throw rocks at me, but there is not much there that you can't find at a flea market or Hobby Lobby for much cheaper. Is the stuff gorgeous and totally Joanna? Yes! Do I want it all? Yes! But, like I said, there isn't a lot of unique, one of a kind items.

We spent about 15 minutes looking around and then got back on the road. 



I'm sure this won't be our last time at the Silos, just because they are really not out of our way at all, but I'm going to wait until their furniture shop opens up and hopefully go in the summer when we can enjoy the food trucks! 

Have you been to Magnolia Market? What did you think?

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

  1. So fun! I've seen some pictures and thought the same thing, though-it's all super fun stuff, but you could probably find it somewhere else for a hella lot cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that show! They seem like such good people. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my I would love to visit this when in Dallas in March but I bet its nowhere around where we will be :(

    Speaking of your area, what do you think of the Dart system?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun! I love that show so much and totally want to visit the Silos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous! They just started showing Fixer Uppers in Australia and I'm SO excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this insightful article. This essay is really educational Click Per Second. By clicking more, you can increase your score; the more you click, the more points you'll receive.

    ReplyDelete