Master Bedroom Update

Monday, December 10, 2012


Last time I told y'all about our bedroom...I believe we were screaming and yelling and pulling our hair out painting. We still have a long ways to go (hence I only photographed half of our bedroom), but we are making progress.


Our DIY Sunburst Mirror proudly hangs above our bed. Best $5 ever spent.


"LOVE" these letters :) You can read all about them here.



Does this look like a $50 headboard to you? {If the answer is yes, then don't answer  :)} I am totally smitten with our DIY Headboard the hubs and I made.

Our friend Tim did an awesome job on our lamps! I finally found lampshades that I was pleased with. It only took 12 purchases and returns, but these gray beauties won out.

The texture from this rug is so soft and cozy. And for $9.99 from Ikea, I couldn't say no :)



One day the night stands will be replaced...until then, they get stripes.


 LOVE this pillow we got as a wedding gift. Thanks Miss Gayle!



Comforter and pillows from Bed, Bath, & Beyond
Yellow pillows from Target

If you have any questions about the source of something, just let me know!

Plans for the master:
- get rid of old recliner and replace with pretty white chair
- get a rug for under chair
- wall decor for sitting area
- refinish dressers
- wall decor for TV wall

As we cross items off this list I will update you! It has been a long process, but a house doesn't turn into a home overnight :)



7 comments:

  1. Hey, new follower from the Mingle Monday Blog Hop over at Life of Meg! What a beautful room, it's so comfortable and relaxing! You guys have great taste and style. :)

    xo,
    Kristin
    aboutagirl.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors, and love the pillow!!!!! What a great bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful room. The colors are so soothing and it has such good natural light. That headboard looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I am seriously in love with the colors in this room! You guys have done an amazing job! I can't wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg we have the same duvet! :) very nice room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks gorgeous! You seriously need to come to my house and help re-decorate! You have great taste!

    ReplyDelete