A Weekend in the Hill Country...And a Few of My Favorite Things

Friday, October 19, 2012


This weekend we are headed to the Hill Country for one special little lady's 1st birthday, appropriately Abby Cadabby themed. We are also headed down that way to celebrate the life of the most wonderful woman I have ever known, Meme.

This weekend is bound to be full of emotion. From a birthday celebration on Saturday, to a celebration of a loving woman dearly missed on Sunday, tears will be shed.

Please pray that I am able to cope with my emotions on Sunday. My family has yet to meet together for a 'memorial' type service because my Granddad got sick the weekend Meme's memorial was previously scheduled for. I feel as though we have all not yet faced the reality because there has been no formal celebration, so this weekend is a little nerve wracking.


On a lighter note, this hunk will be attempting to get another "trophy" when he goes bow hunting this weekend. My Dad has a game camera set up, so Chris has been eyeing his prize.


This city boy sure loves the country. This picture was taken a couple weeks back when we went down to my parent's to go dove hunting. That post will come at a different time when I am not busy with tax deadlines and grad school mid-terms (that is not me complaining).

In  honor those who are shopping this weekend, here are a few of my favorite things:

I am dying for this boot. Dying because it is way out of my price range. Dang you, Tory Burch.

Mk always does it right...I need this purse (husband, if you are reading, I need this purse).


Lastly, this book from one of my favorite authors. I have all her other books. They are perfect for a weekend read when it gets cold. Santa will be bringing this to me, even if I have to order it for him :)


Have a great weekend!




2 comments:

  1. Love the bag! And I have a great dove recipe for you!!!! Loved the turkey pic you sent me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a stack of Emily Giffen books waiting for me to read them while on bed rest. You've convinced me.

    ReplyDelete